Home | Visit My Webstore | Blogroll |

Friday, October 26, 2007

The House For Addiction



I've been telling on my posts that I am a blog addict and I know somehow I do. But should I think of finding a rehabilitation center for my blog addiction?

I can still remember my high school friend began running away from home when she was 16 years old. The first time she was gone for one of day, her family was on panic. I will never forgot my fear and the phone calls from her parents, desperate with worries. By the time my friend was 20, she was in impoverished neighborhood, addicted to drugs and selling sex to survive. Tens years later, my worst fears were realized when my friend found in one corner, just a few step away from our house, lying on the ground and not breathing anymore. My friend lived in a miserable atmosphere at home where her father have two daughters from different women. She can always caught her mother cheating with another man, whenever her father wasn't at home. I saw her misery during her teenage life . I felt were the forces that kept her from her family and this normal life. I wished I've done more than just being there to listen to my friend but I was so young and carefree at that time and don't know much.

If you think of someone dear to you suffering from some kind of addiction
Chapman House website will provide you some information about the addiction treatment services they offer and provides information on adult addiction treatment center, drug rehab facility and exclusive adolescent program. Some options includes treatment for co-existing disorders, alcoholism, drug addiction, food addiction and eating disorders and more. They also offer family intervention, psychological testing, drug testing and other services to help end addiction. Intervention is an orchestrated attempt by one, or often many, people (usually family and friends) to get someone to seek professional help with an addiction or some kind of or crisis. It can also refer to the act of using a technique within a therapy session. The Chapman House Interventionist is called upon when a family requests help for a loved one who is unwilling to acknowledge their problem, or when a person is unwilling or unable to seek drug addiction treatment on their own. Their Adult Program includes counseling approach that is designed to allow each patient to examine the consequences of his or her addictive behavior, while working through the emotional issues. In this program, person should seek treatment at Chapman House if someone:

  • Are in need of detoxification
  • Are resistant or in denial of their problem
  • Are depressed or anxious on a daily basis
  • Make promises to loved ones that they will stop drinking or using substances, yet continue
  • Have undergone previous treatment for alcohol or substance abuse, but continue to relapse
  • Have inflicted emotional damage on their loved ones as a result of their substance abuse
  • Have become a threat to themselves or others
  • Have psychological problems in addition to alcohol or drug abuse
  • Feel helpless or hopeless
  • Exhibit unpredictable behavior
  • Are abusing their prescription medication
  • Have loved ones who have expressed concern over their alcohol use, substance use or psychological well being .

Now if you think you're sufferring from some kind of addiction , Chapman House offers an Addiction Test that will help you determine your level of addiction. Chapman House also conduct Urine Drug/Alcohol Testing for anyone concerned about substance abuse. All test results are confidential , unless the client pre-authorizes Chapman House (in writing) to release the results of a test. Chapman House are a 12-step drug rehabilitation and drug detox facility. They can do interventions, and help cure people of addiction, located in Orange, CA. Visit their website at http://www.chapmanhouseinc.com/ and know more about what they can do to someone who is in need of their service.