Home | Visit My Webstore | Blogroll |

Monday, March 3, 2008

The Pharises Investigate The Healing

John 9:13-34
The Pharises Investigate The Healing
They brought to the Pharises the man who had formerly been blind. Now it was a sabbath day when Jesus made the mud and opened his eyes. Then the Pharises also began to ask him how he had received his sight. He said to them, 'He put mud on my eyes. Then I washed and now I see'. Some of the Pharises said, 'This man is not from God, for he does not observe sabbath'. But others said 'How can a man who is a sinner perform such signs?' And they were divided. So they said again to the blind man, 'What do you say about him? It was your eyes he opened'. He said ,'He is a prophet '.

The Jews did not believe that he had been blind and had received his sight until they called the parents of the man who had received his sight, and asked them, 'Is this your son, who say was born blind? How then doesn he now see?'. His parents answered, 'We know that this is out son, and that he was born blind; but now do we notknow how it is that now he sees, now do we know who opened his eyes. Ask him; he is ofage. He will speak for him were afraid of the Jews; for the Jews had already agreed that anyone who confessed Jesus to be the Messiah, would be put out of the synagogue. Therefore his parents said,'He is of age; ask him'.

So for the second time they called the man who had been blind and theysaid to him, 'Give glory to God! We know that this man is a sinner'. He answered, 'I do not know whether he is a sinner. One thing I do know, that though I was blind now I see'. They said to him, 'What did he do to you? How did he open your eyes?' He answered them, "I have told you already, and you would not listen. Why do you want to hear it again? Do you also want to become his disciples ? That they reviled him saying, 'You are his disciple, but we are disciples of Moses. We know that God has spoken to Moses, but as for this man, we do not know where he comes from. The man answered, 'He is an astonishing thing! You do not know where he comes from and yet he opened my eyes. We know That God does not listen to sinners, but he does listen to one who worships him and obey his wills. Never since the world began has it been heard that anyone opened the eyes of a person born blind. If this man were not from God, he could do nothing'. They answered him, 'You were born entirely in sins, and are you trying to teach us?' And they drove him out.

"Who are they to say that someone is a sinner? That a sinner dont have any priviledge from God's mercy? Most of us are really blind to see the truth. That even if we have seen or hear the truth a million times and still choose to be blind for the truth."

2 comments:

Wendy Lopez-Redaon said...

yeah, the pharisees were really judgemental and self-righteous. God's love and mercy is never earned. He forgives us because He loves us. all I know is that I am not perfect. I still fall sometimes but I know God will always forgive me and His grace will see me through =) God bless you!

Tey said...

A lot of us are judgemental and self-righteous. I sometimes do--- but I always try my best to follow what God wants us to be.