Home | Visit My Webstore | Blogroll |

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Bible Message- Jesus Eats The Passover

Mark 14:12-16, 22-26
Jesus Eats the Passover Meal with His Disciples

On the first day of the Festival of Unleavened Bread, the day the lambs for the Passover meal were killed, Jesus' disciples ask him, "Where do you want us to go and get the Passover meal ready for you?"

Then Jesus sent two of them with these instructions; "Go into the city, and a man carrying a jar of water will meet you. Follow him to the house he enters, and say to the owner of the house: "The Teacher says, Where is the room where my disciples and I will eat the Passover meal? Then he will show you a large upstairs room, fixed up and furnished, where you will get everything ready for us".

The disciples left went to the city, and found everything just as Jesus had told them; and they prepared the Passover meal.

The Lord's Supper

While they were eating, Jesus took a piece of bread, gave a prayer of thanks, broke it, and gave it to his disciples. "Take it" he said, "this is my body".

Then he took a cup, gave thanks to God, and handed it to them; and they all drank from it. Jesus said "This is my blood which is poured out for many, my blood which seals God's covenant. I tell you, I will never again drink this wine until the day I drink the new wine in the Kingdom of God."

Then they sang a hymm and went out to the Mount of Olives.

1 comment: